As 2013 sputters to a close, it’s time for everyone to look back at the year in music and reflect on what they listened to the most. It’s a little unfair to compartmentalize an entire year of music into a top ten list, but that’s exactly what we’ll be doing starting later this week. We also asked some of the artists making that music what they listened to the most this year. You can see part 1 here and part 2 here, but here’s where Venemous Maximus, Beyond the Shore, Kyng, Abigail Williams and Luder chime in with their picks.
Christian Larson of Venomous Maximus:
10) Horisont, Time Warriors
Great 70’s rock n roll! Love it.
9) Kadavar, Abrakadavar
Even better than the 1st one!
8) Carcass, Surgical Steel
7) Amon Amarth, Deceiver Of The Gods
Who doesn’t like Viking Metal?
6) Ghost, Infestissumam
Say what you want it’s a good record.
5) Burzum, Sol Austan Mani Vestan
Can’t get enough.
Alice in Chains, The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
I was very surprised by this one.
3) Windhand, Soma
Heavy as fuck.
2) Black Trip, Goin Under
So good! Sounds like Paul DiAnno-era of Iron Maiden
1) Devils Blood III: Tabula Rasa or Death and the Seven Pillars
10) Corrections House, Last City Zero
9) Chelsea Wolfe, Pain Is Beauty
8) Altar Of Plagues, Teethed Glory and Injury
7) SPEkTR, Cypher
6) Kanye West, Yeezus
5) Ulver, Messe I.X-VI.X
4) Arckanum, Fenris Kindir
3) Oranssi Pazuzu, Valonielu
2) Portal, Vexovoid
1) Summoning, Old Mornings Dawn