The firestorm against Marilyn Manson continues as The Gilford Police Department in New Hampshire has an active arrest warrant against the shock rocker. Last night (25th), the department stated via social media that they have an active arrest warrant on Manson (real name Brian Warner) for two counts of simple misdemeanor assault. The incident is from 2019, where Manson allegedly spit on a videographer at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion. The police department made it clear these assaults are not sexual. It is a Class A misdemeanor in NH where Manson can face a possible jail sentence for less than a year and a fine of $2,000.00 or less.
Read the department’s statement below:
“UPDATE: 05.25.21 @ 8PM
The Gilford Police Department has an active arrest warrant for Brian Hugh Warner (aka: Marilyn Manson) for two counts of Class A misdemeanor Simple Assault stemming from a 2019 incident at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion. The alleged assaults involved a videographer. Mr. Warner, his agent and legal counsel have been aware of the warrant for some time and no effort has been made by him to return to New Hampshire to answer the pending charges.
- Mr. Warner had been performing a concert at the Bank of NH Pavilion on August 18, 2019, when the alleged simple assaults occurred.
- The issuance of an arrest warrant is not a presumption of guilt.
- The videographer had been subcontracted by a NH based company to video the concert, and had been located in the stage pit area when the alleged assaults occurred.
- A Class A misdemeanor in NH can carry a possible jail sentence of less than one year and a fine of $2,000.00 or less.
- The alleged assaults are not sexual in nature as has been asked by several other media outlets due to a number of other allegations made against Mr. Warner.”
This particular case is separate from the sexual assault allegations Manson has been faced with since early February when actress Evan Rachel Wood came forward naming her accuser. Over a dozen women have since accused the shock rocker of sexual misconduct, where a former assistant most recently sued him for sexual harassment. Manson has denied the allegations against him.