Fan sues Live Nation over burns from bonfire at Iron Maiden concert in Devore

Posted by on October 20, 2017

Photo: Nathan Kasiaficas

Just a few months ago, Iron Maiden concluded their Book of Souls tour. On this particular run, they traveled throughout the globe and on November 17th we’ll get to relive the experience with the live release of The Book of Souls: Live Chapter. As memorable as this trek was, one fan named Mario Esteban Barron, has less than great memories of his experience at the show.

According to the Sun, Live Nation was sued this past Wednesday (18) in Los Angeles by Barron (47) of Apple Valley, who claims he was severely burned by flames due to a fan-created bonfire at the Iron Maiden gig at the Glen Helen Amphitheater in Devore. Pavilion Partners GP, Staff Pro Inc., and Contemporary Services Corp are also being sued.

The man stated that he attended the July 1st concert with his family as they were walking around the venue, they walked into a mosh pit which was circling around a bonfire.

The Sun reports:

“Attempting to walk around the mosh pit, plaintiff was knocked into the flames by the mosh pit consumed by the flames, he accepted that he would not survive this ordeal.”

Documents report that security and first aid were not present at that time. Fans ran to his rescue while “the skin on his legs peeled off.”

The suit also states that he was hospitalized and during that time, the skin grafts he received became infected, which could have resulted in him to having to get both of his legs amputated. Barron hasn’t been able to return to his job since the incident.

Tags: ,

Categorised in: Legal Woes, News