UPDATE: Since the posting of the original story below, singer Ivan Moody has issued a statement regarding the events that happened during Five Finger Death Punch’s show last night. Read his entire statement below the original story, but in short; Moody blames technical problems for the awkward incident, and further insinuates that despite the rumors the band is not breaking up.

Original Story:

Concertgoers at last night’s Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis got quite a show from Five Finger Death Punch. Not necessarily a rock show, though. According to multiple tweets and some video, either the band had an off night punctuated by multiple members leaving the stage, or they broke up during the show. At the very least, according to an eyewitness, it took them one hour to play six songs. In the above video, singer Ivan Moody, onstage by himself, asks the crowd, who sound annoyed, to relax.

A reader of The New Fury gave his account of what happened:

Ivan held up Jeremy’s book and asked the fans if they had this FFDP book. Then, still mic’d seemingly unknowingly, said “That I had nothing to do with”, directed at Jeremy. Jeremy then threw his sticks and walked off stage, and the band shortly followed. Ivan talked for a minute, threw his mic, and marched off. A few minutes later, Ivan came back, rambled and talked to the fans, and attempted to play around on Jeremy’s drumkit, trying to lead a song rather weakly. Jeremy and the rest of the band came back and played a song while sounding completely out of step with each other, while Ivan stayed really close to Jeremy, seeming to talk shit to him. Everyone left again, Ivan threw the mic again. This routine repeated a couple more times until they just ran out of stage time and walked off stage, not to return. As a whole, looked like Ivan was being a dick.

Here are some tweets from those in attendance:








There’s been no official statement from the band or label. They definitely lost the crowd by last night’s show, even if they didn’t break up. While there’s obviously some internal strife in the band, they owe the audience an apology. And if they did break up onstage last night, it’s preserved on video.


As per above: here is Ivan Moody’s issued statement on what happened:

“There were a lot of technical problems last night that were seemingly unsolvable. We had to make a decision whether to hit the stage crippled, without being able to hear ourselves; or, delay the start of the show – possibly for hours.

We decided to proceed, but not being able to hear if I was in key, and just guessing where we were in the song frustrated me to the point that I lost my cool. I’m not saying I handled it appropriately. Matter of fact I’ve never been so embarrassed before. I apologize for taking out my anger on stage. You guys know me and you know how I pride myself on my live performances. I’d never want this to boil over in to something that especially wrong ever again.

To some of our crew, good luck in your future endeavors we wish you the best – we also welcome our new monitor engineer Paul Weber. To our fans in Memphis – we’ll make it up to you I promise, Houston we we will see you tonight. The rest of the world – yes we are coming.

And to the haters… wipe that smirk off your face …We are not going anywhere … This “ain’t my last dance!”