With the announcement today of the second headliner Shiprocked is poised to be a vacation you don’t want to miss! With the original starting lineup announced mid May, the original poster had the headliner crossed out, but gave just enough to get the shiprockers buzzing! With hints given that this headliner hadn’t sailed before, AND was one of the most requested… it really was anyone’s guess. All games aside, Parkway Drive will set sail this upcoming January from Port Canaveral and rock fans into the Atlantic with co-headliner Falling In Reverse! For the 13th sailing of Shiprocked!
Already slated to be aboard the Carnival Magic this upcoming January 22nd to 28th is Nothing More, Skillet, Suicidal Tendencies, Motionless In White, Grandson, Ayron Jones, Bad Omens, Bones UK, BRKN LOVE, D.R.U.G.S., Dropout Kings, Fame On Fire, Giovannie and the Hired Guns, Lilith Czar, Nonpoint, Nova Twins, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Wage War, Wargasm and Zero 9:36. With more bands left to be announced as well as the world famous Stowaways, Shiprocked 2023 is already taking shape to be a force to be reckoned with.
Aboard last year, attendees were pre booked, and told their favorite vacation would be adding an extra day, allowing more travel options than those limited to five day cruises. Sailing from Port Canaveral, Florida the Carnival Magic will visit Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas, Grand Turk in Turks & Caicos as well as Dominican Republic’s Amber Cove.
For more information and to snag a spot in one of the limited staterooms available head over to the official website.
Keep scrolling for coverage of last year’s sailing to get a glimpse into what you’ll be missing out on!
Shiprocked was special this year. After skipping a year (thanks to covid19!) and other similar cruises being cancelled last minute, 3000 Shiprockers (as attendees are called) were more than excited to be able to join the 12th edition of Shiprocked and take a break from what’s happening in the world. Shiprocked is a big, tight-knit family where everybody stays in touch all year long and tries to meet at festivals and other concerts. The pandemic cancelled so many concerts and opportunities to meet, that the excitement to finally be all back together for almost a week was more than the words can describe.
Rest assured, the captain, Alan Koenig and his team planned everything to make sure everybody was safe and could enjoy the cruise without worrying. Everybody (bands included) had to show vaccination proof and negative tests before embarkation, and mask rules were reinforced while indoors (by Carnival Cruise Staff) , but more importantly, people were respectful of each other’s personal space.
Even with all the precautions, the 2022 line-up changed many times due to travelling and contract restrictions for the bands. However, the Carnival Breeze left Galveston port on January 22nd with Lamb of God, Corey Taylor, Steel Panther, Badflower, Avatar, P.O.D., 10 Years, Nonpoint, Butcher Babies, Drowning Pool, Dead Sara, Escape The Fate and so many others artists for 5 days. With 3 stages on board and a concert on the beach, each band had the opportunity to play twice during the trip on a different stage. Except for Lamb of God who played twice outside on the main deck!
What did you miss?
- A relaxing day at Costa Maya (Mexico) and a giant beach party at Playa Mia (Cozumel).
- Joey Belladonna (Anthrax) and John DeServio (Black Label Society) having a surprise jam session late at night in the piano bar.
- A morning bellyflop competition with Rikki Thrash (Steel Panther) at the pool.
- A private interview with Corey Taylor in the theater about his career and new show…. And the uncomfortable question (and answer) about the ‘’war’’ between him and Machine Gun Kelly.
- A dance workshop with the Cherry Bombs that ended in a dance challenge between Corey Taylor and Cookie (the amazing and so funny Cruise Director)
- Two performances of The Stowaways paying tribute to Eddie Van Halen, ZZ Top and other great old rock music.
- Randy Blythe (Lamb of God lead singer) climbing the rigging on the main deck the last night and last performance of the cruise.
- Sonny Sandoval (P.O.D. lead singer) officiated a wedding ceremony on the main stage.
- The Shiprocked Cancer Sucks Charity Auction hosted by different artists raising $70 000.
Take a look below and see for yourself! An amazing adventure on the high seas, not to be missed… or duplicated!