What better day for a new video from southern stoners Texas Hippie Coalition than 4/20? Even their name is stonery (get it, Texas Hippie Coalition = THC?). Earlier today, Billboard premiered a video for “Angel Fall,” which will be out on their forthcoming album, Dark Side of Black, out on Friday (22). The band’s sound hasn’t changed much – it’s still a hybrid (no pun intended) of fellow Texans Pantera and the radio-rock of Black Label Society. And because today is 4/20, and the band enjoy a toke or two, in addition to their video, we’ve also had them name their five favorite varieties of marijuana:
Texas Hippie Coalition – Top 5 Favorite Weed Varieties
- Johnny Kush (gives you a dark and powerful high)
- Dank Williams (causes major munchies. Mmmm what you got cookin?)
- Willie Weed (mellow high that hits like the Fourth of July… picnic)
- George Jonezin (dealers often have a problem with this weed being a no show, note it is worth waiting on)
- Cross Canadian Rag weed (breaks up easy, sold mostly by a CARNI-val man. Grown in Red Dirt)
Dark Side of Black will be released on April 22nd on Carved Records. It can be pre-ordered here.