Vocalist John Corabi has a pretty interesting few months. His current all-star band The Dead Daisies just released their new album, Revolución, this past Friday. His band features former/current Guns N’ Roses members Richard Fortus and Dizzy Reed, as well as Marco Mendoza (Thin Lizzy, Whitesnake) and others. Earlier this year, the band played Cuba, and a documentary about their trip there has premiered on Twitter via @twittermusic. The band is also currently on the road with Whitesnake, having just wrapped up a European tour with KISS. The former Motley Crue singer hit us up with some of the most bizarre things that happened while touring with KISS:
5) The response and turnout we had at Download festival at 11 am on the last Sunday of the festival. It was truly amazing, but unexpected!
4) Gene Simmons dancing into our dressing room, and singing his newly written song “Beverly Hills Blues”… (you had to be there, ha!)
3) All of the KISS guys and crew treating us the way they did was honestly awesome. Most bands don’t go out of their way to make you feel that at home.
2) As a young KISS fan, I think having a cocktail at the end of the tour with Paul Stanley and Doc McGhee (two people I’ve always respected) was definitely odd. A few times I sat there, and thought to myself…”I paid money to see this guy, and I’m having drinks and chatting with him” …surreal!
1) …did I mention Gene Simmons dancing?